Key Dates | Presentation Types | Themes | Call for Abstract Submissions | Confirming your Submission | Abstract Review Notification | Abstract Presenter Registration | Presenter Terms and Conditions | Further Enquiries
Call for Poster Abstracts has now closed
Poster Abstracts were invited for the 10th International Congress of Andrology 2013. The theme of the Congress is “Global Andrology and Men’s Health: Present Challenges for Future Generations”.
Posters will be displayed throughout the Congress and there will also be a dedicated ‘poster session’ where authors will be required to attend their poster to answer queries relating to the work presented.
It is a condition of abstract submission that if accepted, the presenting author will register to attend the congress. All poster presenters must register to attend the congress prior to the congress. Non registered delegates will not be able to display their work.
Online submission is the only method of receipt of abstracts.
|Abstract Submission Opens||Now Open|
|Registration Opens||Now Open|
|Abstract Submission||Now Closed|
|Notification to Authors||Monday 15 October 2012|
|Early Bird Registration||Closed|
|Author Registration Due||Friday 7 December 2012|
Poster Presentation (abstract of no more than 250 words)
The 10th International Congress of Andrology 2013 Scientific Program Committee are seeking abstracts based on the following themes:
- Immunology of the tract
- Infertility/ Assisted Reproduction
- Others (specify)
- Prostate Diseases
- Reproductive health
- Semen analysis
- Sexual differentiation
- Sexual disfunction
- Sexual transmitted diseases (STD)
- Sperm function
- Stem Cells
- Testicular Cancer
- Testicular function
Abstract submission follows the following process:
Creating an account/logging into the Speakers Portal
Firstly, you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the below button entitled “Click Here to Submit an Abstract.”
Once you have done this, and you have not previously submitted an abstract, please click “New Account.”
Your contact details will be required to create the account. You will be automatically logged in, as well as emailed a password for future use.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can download the abstract template, upload the abstract, review briefing notes, register for the congress, and review speaker terms and conditions.
Use the template from within the portal to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts not submitted using this template will be returned for correction.
- Abstract text must be in Arial, 10pt size, single-spaced and left aligned.
- Your abstract text should be no more than 250 words, including references (and excluding title and authors).
- The presenters name must be bolded
- There is to be a maximum of two references.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Your abstract should clearly and, where applicable, concisely outline the Background, Aims/Objectives, Methods, Findings and Conclusions.
- After completing the abstract template, move onto step 2
Submitting your Abstract
Click on the “New Abstract” tab within the speaker portal. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Name and Organisation of Presenter and any Co-Authors
- Your Completed Abstract Template
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- You will be able to access your speaker portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing submissions until Friday, 31 August 2012. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted; there will be no opportunity for amendments from the close of abstracts on Friday, 31 August 2012.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and complied with the Terms & Conditions as outlined on the website and the presenter portal.
ABSTRACTS SUMBISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly and has successfully been converted to a PDF file, during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Congress Office via T: +61 3 9645 6311 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract review notification will be communicated to the presenter by Monday 15 October 2012. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, who should in turn distribute to all co-presenters..
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to participants. Registrations are due to open in late June.
All presenters must register for the Congress by 7 December 2012 in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Program.
By agreeing to submit an abstract at the Congress, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
(i) I take full responsibility for the content of my abstract, including any defamatory material or material which infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
(ii) I understand that, while I retain ownership of copyright of my abstract, the 10th International Congress of Andrology 2013 may publish and reproduce my abstract and any biographical information, provided by me, in the final congress program, proceedings and on the Congress website.
(iii) I warrant that my work is factually accurate and contains no matter libelous or otherwise unlawful; that such work constitutes my own original work, of which I am the sole owner of copyright, and that I have full power to make this authorisation.
(iv) I understand I should not use my presentation as a means of selling my organisation’s products or services.
(v) I understand that all accepted presenters are required to register for the Congress by Friday, 7 December 2012 and failure to register by this date will result in the abstract not being published and the poster abstract being withdrawn from the program.
(vi) All documents, memoranda, notes and records relating to the Congress produced by WALDRONSMITH Management, its agents, the staff or representatives of the 10th International Congress of Andrology 2013 are and remain property of the 10th International Congress of Andrology 2013.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Congress Office:
ICA 2013 Congress Office: